Wednesday, January 12, 2011

.Reader Questions.

This comes from my friend Lauren who is expecting her 2nd child:

I WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU KNOW ANY PLACES ON THE FOOT THAT PUT YOU INTO LABOR....I'M DESPERATE!!! I WENT TO A REFLEXOLOGY PLACE AND IT DID NOTHING. 

I have never had a request to help someone go into labor, but I do know that you have pressure points on your feet that are supposed to help. I have also heard that if you're getting pedicures during your pregnancy to avoid hard pressure on the feet and ankles.

I did a little research on this topic, because I too was curious and would love to help my friend out!

*First off, this is not recommended if you are less that 38 weeks along.

*The most common pressure point on your foot if located on the inner part of your ankle, just above the foot. If you are to apply pressure and massage for 15-20min, it is supposed to help with starting contractions. And while in labor, continuing to have this done will help with the pain of contractions. Be careful on how much pressure is being used, too hard can be too much.

So if you are past 38 weeks and ready to welcome your baby into the world and would like a natural way of going into labor (gag me with the castro oil...blah), this is one of the many ways to do so! And please, come to me or someone who speaks fluent english!

No comments:

Post a Comment